Making wxPython a standard module?

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:04:30 EDT 2008

On Jun 12, 9:55 am, "Andrea Gavana" <andrea.gav... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Diez & All,
>
> > And on a personal note: I find it *buttugly*.
>
> Do you mind explaining "why" you find it *buttugly*? I am asking just
> out of curiosity, obviously. I am so biased towards wxPython that I
> won't make any comment on this thread in particular, but I am curious
> to know why some people find it "ugly" or "bad" or whatever. It has
> its own bugs and missing features, of course, but it is one of the
> major GUI player in the arena, together with PyQt and PyGTK.
>
> Andrea.
>
> "Imagination Is The Only Weapon In The War Against Reality."http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/

I'm curious too. I like wxPython because the widgets actually "look"
the way they should in a cross-platform way (for the most part)
because they use the actual widgets sets of the OS. Tkinter draws
everything and can look kind of weird on Windows, although I have seen
some very nice looking programs that use it.

Of course, wx doesn't really do "skinning", so in that respect it may
be hampered more than some of the other toolkits that Andrea
mentioned. I really don't know.