configure fails

A.T.Hofkamp hat at se-162.se.wtb.tue.nl
Fri Jun 6 09:25:11 EDT 2008

On 2008-06-05, Mathieu Prevot <mathieu.prevot at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following error on a OSX.5 OS with CC=icc and using the
> python-svn files:
>
> checking size of wchar_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (wchar_t)
>
> I would like to help so we can compile python with icc/OSX.

This looks like a autoconf bug (./configure is normally created by autoconf)
.
You should check whether this wchar_t configure computation is part of the
standard autoconf macro's or a Python-project specific autoconf macro.

Then fix the problem and supply a patch to the right community.

You may want to subscribe to some autoconf mailing list

Sincerely,
Albert