question relateding to parsing dbf files.

Kirk Strauser kirk at daycos.com
Wed Jun 18 10:48:57 EDT 2008

At 2008-06-18T12:50:20Z, "Krishnakant Mane" <hackingkk at gmail.com> writes:

> hello all.
> I need to parse some dbf files through python.
> the reason being that I have to migrate some old data from dbf files
> to postgresql.
> all that I need to know is if some one has got a working code sample
> using dbfpy.
> I found this module suitable for my work but can't figure out how to use it.
> else, if there is any other module, please recommend so.
> happy hacking.
> Krishnakant.

Does it have to by in Python?  I host this project, written in C++:
http://honeypot.net/project/xbasetopg .  If that's too complicated, I've
written a replacement in straight C but I haven't published it yet.

I use these programs to sync our legacy FoxPro database to our new
PostgreSQL servers on an hourly basis.  Syncing 4GB of data tables about 10
minutes.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Day Companies