Q re documentation Python style

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun Jun 8 17:42:47 EDT 2008

> I guess this is a rambling way to ask: are docstrings *it* as far
> Python documentation goes?  Or is there a second, more flexible
> system?

Docstrings are it. Yet there are several ways how their content is
interpreted. Google for example epydoc. You can embed links that way.

I don't know perl, and even less it's documentation system. Yet I
wonder: *where* do you put your function documentation, if not at the
function? And if it is some sort of link (I guess it must be, or do you
declare function docs totally unrelated to the functions themselves?), I
have to say - I'd rather open the sourcefile and see what a function is
about than having to manually follow links.

Diez