Database Query Contains Old Data

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Jun 3 08:29:47 EDT 2008

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:07:07 +0200, "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com>
wrote:
> As others have mentioned, in systems that have long running logical
> transactions, it's usually best to collect the data until the very
> end and then apply all changes in one go (and one database
> transaction).

I understand you to mean that one should arrange matters so that what
is a lengthy transaction from the point of view of the user is a short
transaction from the point of view of the database.

--
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because

http://www.jim.com/      James A. Donald