Mapping None. Why?

Paddy paddy3118 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 13 00:53:06 EDT 2008

On Jun 12, 9:48 pm, Robert Kern <robert.k... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Paddy wrote:
> > On looking up map on Wikipedia there is no mention of this special
> > behaviour,
> > So my question is why?
>
> My question is why you are looking up the semantics of Python functions on
> Wikipedia instead of the Python documentation. I don't see any particular
> discussion of map() there at all. Am I missing something?
>
> --
> Robert Kern

As I said in an answer to Diez B. Roggish, I had been reminded of the
behaviour, thought it odd, and looked for other implementations that
might have the behaviour via wikipedia. My intension was most
definitely NOT to say that Pythons map should do what Wikipedia says
slavishly.

Sometimes when I pick at these seeming inconsistencies I learn a lot
from the c.l.p replies. Someone elses thread on -0.0 versus +0.0
taught me some more on floating point for example.

- Paddy.