Learning Python in a group

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 22 13:02:20 EDT 2008

> I'm sure that many (myself included) would be happy to help out, but
> due to timezone differences, working hours, etc you may only get

Awesome, heh I'm sure we'll have questions for the list in good time :)

> What needs does your (non-face-to-face) group have that would not be
> met by posting questions to the Python Tutor list?

> Perhaps you and your co-learners can sign up to that list, and
> coordinate with that list's users to use your wiki, messaging
> services, etc?

Actually, I hadn't seen that list before but I've just signed up for
it and it sounds really interesting! The big difference really is that
I'd like to try and build something a little more personal, where we
have a group of people who can contact each other in real time and
have regular meeting times as well as being able to find each other in
between meetings too. I think this kind of consistent relationship is
probably quite conducive to learning, and I think others would
probably agree :)

> Personally I learned Python from the Python docs (starting with the
> tutorial), practice, and Google. Dive Into Python is good too.

Yeah, I think we're definitely going to be making use of these
resources, and then just using each other as support as we wade
through the material and inevitably get stuck in places!

Thanks for your help :)

Best,

Jon