Creating a TCP/IP connection on already-networked computers

John Salerno johnjsal at gmailNOSPAM.com
Sat Jun 14 16:12:19 EDT 2008

Grant Edwards wrote:

> That depends on your definition of "unrelated."

Heh heh, you mean that wasn't specific enough!? :)

I just mean completely unconnected in any possible way, network or
otherwise.

>> My two are on a home network, but if I were to run the server
>> program and have a friend of mine (who lives somewhere else)
>> run the client program, would it still work?
>
> Yes, if the routers/firewalls/PCs were set up properly and if
> you changed the IP addresses in the programs appropriately.

Ok, that's basically what I was curious about. Since my two computers
are already on a network, I couldn't be positive that this wasn't
allowing them to connect, rather than the two client/server scripts.