frame grabber hardware

rubbishemail at web.de rubbishemail at web.de
Mon Jun 30 15:07:30 EDT 2008

On Jun 29, 11:36 pm, Tim Roberts <t... at probo.com> wrote:
> rubbishem... at web.de wrote:
>
> >can anybody recommend a simple USB or PCI framegrabber with video
> >input that runs under xp and has a python driver available? I just
> >want to get the image into a file, no special requirements.
>
> There are a vast range of inexpensive web cams that will do this job.
> Logitech makes a bunch.  Most of the cheap imported still cameras can also
> do it.  The Disney still cams at Target (made by Digital Blue) would work.
>
> Are you looking for something more industrial?
I already bought a microscope with a ccd camera (no digital output,
only video signal), so far the image is displayed on a screen.
I want to acquire the images by a python  software, which is running
the experiment.
For this reason I need a framegrabber, but I want to buy one that I
can easyly integrate, i.e. call from python.

Daniel