can't assign to literal

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com`
Tue Jun 10 17:56:30 EDT 2008

maehhheeyy wrote:
> On Jun 10, 1:21 pm, Matimus <mccre... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 10, 12:53 pm, maehhheeyy <maehhhe... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> this is stopping my program from running properly. is there something
>>> wrong in my code when that happens?
>> yes
>>
>> Post your code, or at least the full error message if you want more
>> details.
>>
>> Matt
>
> for 1 in oids, vals head_oids:
> SyntaxError: can't assign to literal

That statement makes no sense (thus SyntaxError).

for 1 (one) in oids, vals head_oids:

has several problems:

1 - for source variable can't be a number it has to be a name

in oids, vals head_ioids can't be for target as it is at least two and maybe
three different variables (I'm confused because oids <comma> vals <space>
head_oids) is a second syntax error.  You probably need to go back and review
the Python tutorial to get the syntax of a for loop set in your mind properly.

-Larry