[egenix-info] Re: ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jun 13 05:57:21 EDT 2008

On 2008-06-13 11:27, eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> On 2008-06-13 09:39, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>> eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>>> ________________________________________________________________________
>>>
>>> ANNOUNCING
>>>
>>>                    eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution
>>>
>>>                         Version 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1
>>>

>>>              An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
>>>                of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
>>>                   available on Windows and Unix platforms
>>>

>>> This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
>>> http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.7.0-0.9.8h-1-GA.html
>>

>> Just to mention
>> downloading the source doesn't work.
>
> Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into it.

Please try again now.

>> Under requirements (to compile the source) there is
>> mxbase version >= 3.0.1  which I couldn't find on your
>> web server.
>
> Right, that release is still in the queue. Hopefully, we'll
> get it out today.

Note that eGenix mx Base 3.0.1 is only needed if you don't have ctypes
installed and then only on Unix.

The reason is that we need to explicitly load the shared libs via
dlopen() on Unix. Both ctypes and mx Base 3.0.1 provide an API for
this.

Regards,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 13 2008)
2008-07-07: EuroPython 2008, Vilnius, Lithuania            23 days to go