PEP 372 -- Adding an ordered directory to collections

bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 14:41:44 EDT 2008

On 16 juin, 10:37, Armin Ronacher <armin.ronac... at active-4.com> wrote:
> Abstract
> ========
>
> This PEP proposes an ordered dictionary as a new data structure for
> the ``collections`` module, called "odict" in this PEP for short.  The
> proposed API incorporates the experiences gained from working with
> similar implementations that exist in various real-world applications
> and other programming languages.

(snip)

+1

"insertion-ordered" dicts are something I often need, and while there
are usable workarounds, they either require boilerplate code,
introduce external dependancies to (possibly unoptimised) code or make
you reinvent the (square) wheel, all of which is (IMHO) below average
Python's standard regarding data structures.