Python-3.0b1 build fails on Linux : _gestalt

Tommy Nordgren tommy.nordgren at comhem.se
Thu Jun 19 07:48:44 EDT 2008

On 19 jun 2008, at 12.07, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> trying to build Python-3.0b1 on my Gentoo Linux box fails with
>
> Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
> _gestalt
>
> Looking at setup.py it seems that module '_gestalt'
> is only needed on Darwin but my build on Linux fails
> nevertheless.
>
> Thanks for any hints,
>
> Helmut Jarausch
>
> Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
> RWTH - Aachen University
> D 52056 Aachen, Germany
> --
	Have you run the configure script?
This might happen if you have copied the directory from a machine with
Darwin/Mac OS X
See the amazing new SF reel: Invasion of the man eating cucumbers from
outer space.
On congratulations for a fantastic parody, the producer replies :
"What parody?"

Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren at comhem.se