2D online multiplayer framework?

George Oliver georgeoliverGO at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 13:25:10 EDT 2008

On Jun 28, 9:04 am, Gary Herron <gher... at islandtraining.com> wrote:

> Pyglet is my favorite:  http://www.pyglet.org/
>
> Twisted might be fine for the "online multiplayer" parts, but really if
> you want a 2D/3D real-time game, start with a game framework.
>
> Gary Herron

Thanks Cédric and Gary for the suggestions, I'm familiar with all of
those. So a good workflow for a graphical online game is to make the
game first and just plan for the incoming connections without knowing
how they will be done exactly? My only experience with networked games
is muds, where usually you do the opposite -- sockets first.