Numeric type conversions

John Dann news at prodata.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 13:23:20 EDT 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:58:11 -0700 (PDT), MRAB
<google at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:

>[snip]
>Please note that in slicing the start position is included and the end
>position is excluded, so that should be ByteStream[12:14].

Yes, I just tripped over that, in fact, hence the error in my original
post. I suppose there must be some logic in including the start
position but excluding the end position, though it does escape me for
now. I can understand making a range inclusive or exclusive but not a
mixture of the two. Suppose it's just something you have to get used
to with Python and, no doubt, much commented on in the past.

JGD