Image Processing (batch)

Ulrich Eckhardt eckhardt at satorlaser.com
Thu Jun 5 05:16:43 EDT 2008

Tim Roberts wrote:
> Thomas Guettler <hv at tbz-pariv.de> wrote:
>>
>>I tried PIL for image batch processing. But somehow I don't like it
>>  - Font-Selection: You need to give the name of the font file.
>>  - Drawing on an image needs a different object that pasting and saving.
>>  - The handbook is from Dec. 2006.
>
> I have repeatedly seen the attitude in your last point, and I simply do
> not understand it.  What on Earth is wrong with having a product that
> actually becomes stable?

Nothing, and it is correct pointing that out. OTOH, there are billions of
open source projects out there that started with an idea but never entered
that finished state where they are useful, so-called abandonware. If the
documentation is old, it is either stable or abandoned. Only a closer look
can tell which of both, but statistically it is more likely that it is
abandoned, sad as it is.

Peace!

Uli

--