problems with opening files due to file's path

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jun 11 14:34:59 EDT 2008

On 2008-06-11, Alexnb <alexnbryan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, so as a response to all of you, I will be using the Entry() widget in
> Tkinter to get this path.

OK.

> and the repr() function just makes all my backslashes 4
> instead of just 1, and it still screwes it up with the numbers
> and parenthesis is has been since the first post.

I've absolutely no clue why you would be using the repr()
function.

> Oh and I know all about escape characters, (\n,\b,\a,etc.)

Apparently not.

> I can program C, not a lot, but enough to know that I like
> python better. Anyway, so far I tried all of your stuff, and
> it didn't work.

To what does "it" refer?

> infact, it puts backslashes in front of the
> "'" in some of the words, such as "I'm" goes to "I\'m."

Again, "it" doesn't seem to have a concrete referant.

> So I posted the code I will be using if you want to see the
> Tkinter code I can post it, but I don't see how it will help.

If you know what would help and what wouldn't, then you must
know enough to fix your problems.  So please do so and quit
bothering the newgroup.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I want another
                                  at               RE-WRITE on my CEASAR