Webpy vs Django?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Tue Jun 3 11:07:24 EDT 2008

circularfunc at yahoo.se a écrit :
> i have been trying to get Django running for 2 days now and it drives
> me crazy.
>
> i played with webpy a bit and it is easy to get going with. but django
> seems like once you have it all up and running it will be easier.
> just that the barrier of entry is much higher.

Django is indeed a bit more complex than webpy.

> is django worth it? seems so ridicoulusly hard to get it running. i
> run into trouble every time i advance a little, firstin the
> installationa nd now in the tutorial(creating polls).

I'm a bit surprised by your report of having problems running Django.
Deploying it on production can be a pain sometimes (well... I don't like
sys-admin stuff anyway...), but running Django on the builtin test
server with SQLite or MySQL is almost OOTB.

> what do you think of webpy for big projects that need performance?

Nothing. Never tried it.