mysql to sqlite

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Wed Jun 11 04:30:57 EDT 2008

Gandalf <goldnery at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I'm trying to convert mysql database to sqlite. is their any free tool
>  that does that?
>  I can convert my mysql db to XML file through phpmyadmin, will it be
>  easier to convert  from XML to SQlite then  from Mysql?

I'd probably create the sqlite tables first by editing the database
schemas produced by mysqldump to make the acceptable to feed to
sqlite.

I would then write a script which connects to both databases at once
and copies the table data across.

(At least that is what I did last time I needed to do that which was
from MSSQL->MySQL).

You'll find that different databases have subtly different ways of
doing things (eg autoincrement fields on mysql) so you'll most likely
need a custom script anyway.