Python GC does not work as it should be

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jun 17 01:33:55 EDT 2008

> Yes I did my job, i had mention it before. but an application would not
> consist mine only, it could be incorporate your c extension module(s), and
> others, means problem could be from my side, yours, or others. Though
> forcing to reset the state would not mean fixing the real problem, but
> making sure the GC would always try to do its job is important as python
> itself used as an integrator engine no matter whether it succeed or not.

Python does not support the Microsoft structured exceptions at all, and
there is nothing that can be done about it. There are many many many
places in the that would work incorrectly if a structured exception
occurred, including many which lead to significant memory leaks or
completely block the interpreter (as it won't return the GIL. That it
can also happen in GC is just a tiny detail of the problem.

If you think you absolutely need to have that work, just change the
code and use a modified Python DLL.

Regards,
Martin