python socket programming

srinivasan srinivas sri_annauni at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jun 19 03:58:41 EDT 2008

HI,
I want to know the different kind of exceptions may occur in client-server  socket communication and the way to handle those scenarios.
1. What does the server do when a socket error occurs at any point: accepting a connection, sending data to a client, receiving data from a client, waiting for a client to shut down.

2. What does the client do when a socket error occurs at any point: connecting to the server, receiving data, sending data.
If anyone knows answer for this qns, Can you please explain me briefly about it??
Thanks,
Srini