Pattern Matching Over Python Lists

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Thu Jun 19 21:03:26 EDT 2008

On Jun 20, 10:45 am, Chris <chriss... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 1:09 pm, bearophileH... at lycos.com wrote:
>
> > Kirk Strauser:
>
> > > Hint: recursion.  Your general algorithm will be something like:
>
> > Another solution is to use a better (different) language, that has
> > built-in pattern matching, or allows to create one.
>
> > Bye,
> > bearophile
>
> Btw, Python's stdlib includes a regular expression library. I'm not
> sure if you're trolling or simply unaware of it, but I've found it
> quite adequate for most tasks.

Kindly consider a third possibility: bearophile is an experienced
Python user, has not to my knowledge exhibited any troll-like
behaviour in the past, and given that you seem to be happy using the
re module not on strings but on lists of integers, may have been
wondering whether *you* were trolling or just plain confused but just
too polite to wonder out loud :-)