How to set directory in save as combo box

gopal mishra gopalm at infotechsw.com
Fri Jun 13 00:55:58 EDT 2008

TJG,

I am trying to save a file, it is working fine.

But if the file is not on the foreground while setting combo box directory,
changing the value in the combo box by setLookIn() appear on the foreground
window.

I am using following functionality  to save the file.

def saveAsFile(fileName, path):

      while 1:

# findWindow function returns a window class which contains all its
childwindow and its components with handler id.

saveaswindow = self.findWindow('Save As')

            saveaswindow._setLookIn(path)

                        #save function save the file in specified path

saveaswindow.save(False)

def _setLookIn(self, path):

        try:

            #XXX set the directory in combo box

            win32gui.SendMessage(win32con.CB_DIR, 0,  path)

            win32gui.SendMessage(win32con.WM_LBUTTONDOWN, 0, 0)

            win32gui.SendMessage(win32con.WM_LBUTTONUP, 0, 0)

            win32gui.SendMessage(win32con.WM_LBUTTONDOWN, 0, 0)

            win32gui.SendMessage(win32con.WM_LBUTTONUP, 0, 0)

        except :

            raise OpenSaveDialogError('Cannot set Look In path. %s is not a
valid folder path.' % path)