Guide to organizing modules?

bukzor workitharder at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 21:16:39 EDT 2008

On Jun 5, 5:58 pm, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 6, 10:32 am, bukzor <workithar... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In summary: are there any good (or official) guidelines for how to
> > organize and separate python functions and classes into modules?
>
> Hey bukzor,
>
> Are you familiar with the concept of packages in Python?
>
> http://docs.python.org/tut/node8.html#SECTION008400000000000000000
>
> That should allow you to keep all of your scriptlets as separate files
> while still having the advantage of keeping them in a single namespace
> for importing.
>
> (But if you know this already, don't mind me....)

Yes, in the above post I meant to say package where I said module.
Right now all my functions are in the __init__.py script, and I would
consider separating them out into sub-packages, if it had any rhyme or
reason, but right now that escapes me. That's mostly what I'm trying
to ask for.

Thanks,
--Buck