Newbie help (TypeError: int argument required)

Iain Adams aca04iba at shef.ac.uk
Sun Jun 8 14:43:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am new to python. I have been having trouble using the MysqlDB. I
get an error pointing from the line

cursor.execute("UPDATE article SET title = %s, text = %s WHERE id =
%u", (self.title, self.text, self.id))

Here is the error:

 line 56, in save
    cursor.execute("UPDATE article SET title = %s, text = %s WHERE id
= %u", (self.title, self.text, self.id))
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line
151, in execute
    query = query % db.literal(args)
TypeError: int argument required

However when I print out type(self.id) I get <type 'int'>.

So surely I have provided an int argument.

Any ideas anyone??