Squeak-like environment for Python?

Jumping Arne arnlen at mac.com
Thu Jun 5 04:33:29 EDT 2008

I've been playing with Squeak a bit and I really like the persistent storage
model, I also liked HyperCard and Frontier (well, the persistent storage
model at least).

I wonder if there is some similar environment but based on python, I would
like to use this environment not as a development environment but as a
platform for storing data etc - much like HyperCard.

I found a few postings about such an environment:

	<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2006-April/006226.html>

but it looks like nothing happened.

pythoncard doesn't seem to have the persistent storage model

Have I missed something obvious?