Advice for a python newbie on parsing whois records?

Phillip B Oldham phillip.oldham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:47:13 EDT 2008

Hi. I'm stretching my boundaries in programming with a little python
shell-script which is going to loop through a list of domain names,
grab the whois record, parse it, and put the results into a csv.

I've got the results coming back fine, but since I have *no*
experience with python I'm wondering what would be the preferred
"pythonic" way of parsing the whois string into a csv record.

Tips/thoughts/examples more than welcome!