32 bit or 64 bit?

casevh casevh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 14:31:45 EDT 2008

> Not yet: I was kind of set back when I saw their homepage was last
> updated 2002. But I'll give it a try. You think it's the best thing
> there is?
>
> Thanks,
> Ram.

gmpy has moved to Google.

http://code.google.com/p/gmpy/

gmpy only support the basic floating point operations so it may not be
sufficient for your needs.

A couple alternatives:

1) mpmath is a pure-Python, arbitrary precision floating-point
package. It will be faster than Decimal but slower than gmpy.
http://code.google.com/p/mpmath/

2) Sage is an open-source mathematics software package. It uses Python
as it glue/scripting language. It includes support for MPFR, a
multiple-precision floating point library based on GMP.   www.sagemath.org

casevh