Buffer size when receiving data through a socket?

Tue Jun 17 13:32:44 EDT 2008

"Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote in message
news:mailman.547.1213684963.1044.python-list at python.org...
> Note that most of the time you want to use the sendall() method, because
> send() doesn't guarantee that all the data was actually sent.
> <http://docs.python.org/lib/socket-objects.html>

If I use sendall(), am I still recv'ing data with a given buffer size? What
if I send more data than the buffer size. Is my code as written not prepared
to handle that case? It seems like I might need to continue receiving data
until there is no more to receive (in a loop?)...is that right?