Newb question: underscore

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jun 6 01:48:15 EDT 2008

bvdp <bob at mellowood.ca> writes:

> My question is: Why would anyone decide to obfuscate something as easy
> to read as Python???

They didn't decide to obfuscate; they decided to follow a
strongly-expected convention for the name of that function by existing
users of the 'gettext' functionality, in contexts that predate the
appearance of that functionality in Python.

--
 \            Hercules Grytpype-Thynne: "Well, Neddie, I'm going to be |
  `\      frank."  Ned Seagoon: "Right, I'll be Tom."  Count Moriarty: |