Py2exe and name space package

Yuan HOng hongyuan1306 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 05:28:11 EDT 2008

Hi,

I used to freeze my application into Windows executibles using py2exe.
Lately I started using several zope packages in my application, like
zope.interface. Now the freezed program can't run properly. Like the
following example shows:

My setup.py file:

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(name='test',
      zipfile=None,
      console=[
          {
            'script': 'main.py',
          }
      ])

The main.py test code:

from zope.interface import Interface
print Interface

During the freezing process, the following warning is shown:

*** copy dlls ***
copying c:\Python25\lib\site-packages\py2exe-0.6.6-py2.5-win32.egg\py2exe\run.exe
-> C:\temp\dist\main.exe
The following modules appear to be missing
['pkg_resources', 'zope.interface']

Running main.exe gives me an import Error.

C:\temp\dist>main.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named interface

What should I do to make py2exe recognize and include zope.interface
in the binary distribution?

Thanks.

--
Hong Yuan