Using just the Mako part of Pylons?

John Salerno johnjsal at gmailNOSPAM.com
Fri Jun 27 22:56:40 EDT 2008

I just installed Pylons onto my hosting server so I could try out
templating with Mako, but it seems a little more complicated than that.
 From the look of it all, the site seems to want a full Pylons
application. Is it possible to just use regular HTML files with a bit of
the Mako language embedded, or will I actually have to use all aspects
of Pylons?

In other words, can I use *just* Mako (sort of like as a replacement for
PHP) without having to use a framework?

For example, I'd like to just test out the <%include /> tag and see it
in action, but the site doesn't seem to be looking for a regular HTML
file (like index.html), it seems to want a "controller". So is Pylons
overkill for just this? How would I try out *just* Mako?

Thanks!