os.path.walk -- Can You Limit Directories Returned?

Jeff Nyman jeffnyman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 02:54:02 EDT 2008

Greetings all.

I did some searching on this but I can't seem to find a specific
solution. I have code like this:

def walker1(arg, dirname, names):
    DC_List.append((dirname,''))

os.path.walk('\\\\vcdcflx006\\Flex\\Sites', walker1, 0)

The Sites\ directory is set up like this:

Sites\
   Baltimore
   Birmingham

And so forth. Each of the city directories has directories under it as
well. The problem is that my code grabs every single directory that is
under the various city directories when what I really want it to do is
just grab the directories that are under Sites\ and that's it. I don't
want it to recurse down into the sub-directories of the cities.

Is there a way to do this? Or is os.path.walk not by best choice here?

Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.

- Jeff