ISO dict => xml converter

kj socyl at 987jk.com.invalid
Fri Jun 20 08:37:25 EDT 2008

Hi.  Does anyone know of a module that will take a suitable Python
dictionary and return the corresponding XML structure?

In Perl I use XML::Simple's handy XMLout function:

  use XML::Simple 'XMLout';
  my %h = ( 'Foo' => +{
                        'Bar' => +{
                                    'Baz' => [ { 'meenie' => 3 },
                                               { 'meenie' => 7 } ],
                                    'eenie' => 4,
                                  },
                        'minie' => 1,
                        'moe' => 2,
                      } );

  print XMLout( \%h, KeepRoot => 1, KeyAttr => undef );
  __END__
<Foo minie="1" moe="2">
  <Bar eenie="4">
    <Baz meenie="3" />
    <Baz meenie="7" />
  </Bar>
</Foo>

Is there a Python module that can do a similar conversion from
a Python dict to an XML string?

(FWIW, I'm familiar with xml.marshal.generic.dumps, but it does
not produce an output anywhere similar to the one illustrated
above.)

TIA!

Kynn