Accounting and financial system

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa celoserpa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:24:46 EDT 2008

Hello list,

In a next project of mine, I will need to implement some accounting and
financial control. It is not a full ERP, only the basic functions for
finances and accounting control. However, I have little to no experience in
this business domain (accounting and finances) but I really do need to
understand the basic machinery behind it, even if it will take a significant
amount of time. What I would like to know is where I could look (besides
getting a degree :P) for sample code and documentation for these subjects?
Do you think I would need to read some books before I get into code? If so,
which ones? For sample code, I was thinking about OpenERP, since I've heard
it is a complete ERP solution and it is written in python ;)

Really, I'm committed to understand the basiscs of the said business
domains, I really need this project to succeed :)

Thanks in advance!

Marceo.