Making wxPython a standard module?

s0suk3 at gmail.com s0suk3 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 12:22:03 EDT 2008

On Jun 15, 9:37 am, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-s... at benfinney.id.au>
wrote:
> s0s... at gmail.com writes:
> > I know there must be at least a few very solid answers to this, but,
> > just to hear it from the Pythonistas: Why can't there be several GUI
> > toolkits on the standard library?
>
> Because the Zen of Python advises against it:

> The Zen of Python, by Tim Peters
>> There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.

I agree with that concept. But there already is more than one way to
do it, only that the other ways are being made less accessible (by not
being on the standard library), don't you think?

Anyway, as I said earlier, I'm sure there must be very solid reasons
for this, so I don't intend to argue on this. Just a thought :).