how to indent/dedent a region in emacs?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jun 11 18:28:53 EDT 2008

I've recently switched from Jed to Emacs for editing python
source, and I'm still stumped as to how one indents or dedents
a region of code.  In Jed it's 'C-c <' or 'C-c >'.  Google has
found several answers, but none of them work, for example I've
tried bot "C-c tab" and "C-c C-r" based on postings Google has
found, but neither appears to actually _do_ anyting.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! You were s'posed
                                  at               to laugh!