Looking for lots of words in lots of files

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at socialserve.com
Wed Jun 18 10:42:31 EDT 2008

Upload, wait, and google them.

Seriously tho, aside from using a real indexer, I would build a set
of the words I'm looking for, and then loop over each file, looping
over the words and doing quick checks for containment in the set. If
so, add to a dict of file names to list of words found until the list
hits 10 length. I don't think that would be a complicated solution
and it shouldn't be terrible at performance.

If you need to run this more than once, use an indexer.

If you only need to use it once, use an indexer, so you learn how for
next time.