Can this be done with list comprehension?

Karlo Lozovina _karlo_ at _mosor.net_
Sat Jun 7 18:31:25 EDT 2008

This is what I'm trying to do (create a list using list comprehesion, then
insert new element at the beginning of that list):

  result = [someFunction(i) for i in some_list].insert(0, 'something')

But instead of expected results, I get None as `result`. If instead of
calling `insert` method I try to index the list like this:

  result = [someFunction(i) for i in some_list][0]

It works as expected. Am I doing something wrong, or I can't call list
methods when doing list comprehension?

P.S.
In case you're wondering, it has to be done in one line ;).

--
 _______                                        Karlo Lozovina - Mosor