Creating a TCP/IP connection on already-networked computers

John Salerno johnjsal at gmailNOSPAM.com
Sat Jun 14 16:10:20 EDT 2008

Grant Edwards wrote:

>> Shouldn't it be something different, since the requests are
>> coming from a different computer than the server computer?
>
> Works fine for me.  When I run the client program on a machine
> different than the server program, the server program prints
> out "connected from:" and then the client machine's IP address.

Hmm, so could the reason that the client request is shown to be coming
from the same IP address as the server machine be that they are on the
same home network?

I guess to truly test my question, I need to have two computers that are
completely "unrelated" to one another -- meaning they are in no way
connected via any type of network prior to running these scripts.