Sending information to a website

Alex Bryan alexnbryan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 00:13:45 EDT 2008

Okay, so what I want to do is connect to dictionary.com and send the
website a word, and later receive the definition. But for now, I want
to focus on sending the word. A good guy from this mailing list said I
should look into the code and then figure out what the word you want
to be defined is called by the website. In other words, what is the
name of the word the user inputs. Okay, so using the firebug extension
I got the code that the search field on the website uses. here is that
code.

	<form onsubmit="return formcheck();" action="/search" method="get"
name="search_form">
		<input id="search-terms" class="text" type="text" maxlength="256"
value="" name="q"/>

Anyway, not to get to complicated. How would any of you suggest I send
this word to the site. While bearing in mind that I will need to
return it if it matters for this step.