urllib (54, 'Connection reset by peer') error

chrispoliquin at gmail.com chrispoliquin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 11:12:16 EDT 2008

Thanks for the help.  The error handling worked to a certain extent
but after a while the server does seem to stop responding to my
requests.

I have a list of about 7,000 links to pages I want to parse the HTML
of (it's basically a web crawler) but after a certain number of
urlretrieve() or urlopen() calls the server just stops responding.
Anyone know of a way to get around this?  I don't own the server so I
can't make any modifications on that side.