sqlite3 alternative option

Allen brian_vanderburg2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 19:30:19 EDT 2008

Gandalf wrote:
> Hi every one I'm looking for a good alternative db to replace sqlite
>
> I'm using pySQlite3, And I tried to translate very big database from
> Mysql to sqlite.
> I generated through  PHP a python script that insert 200,000 records
> to my sqlite db and took me more then 5 hours and managed to insert
> only  100,000 records.
> I have almost million records so I need a better solution.
>

> thank you

I don't know if this will help, but using transactions dramatically
speed things up.  I've only played around with inserting records from
large CVS files in C++, but outside of a transaction it creates an
automatic transaction every time an update is made and takes forever,
but if all the updates are inserted into one transaction and committed
as one, it is  substantially faster.

Brian Vanderburg II