Charset (hopefully for the last time I ask)

Gandalf goldnery at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:04:55 EDT 2008

now I understand my problem better so their is a good chance you
manage to help me.

I have a SQlite database full with ANSI Hebrew text , and program that
uses WXpython
Now, I use a- 'wx.TextCtrl' item to receive input from the user, and
when I try to search the database he don't understand this chars.

it's quite reasonable consider the fact the program set to work on
UTF-8 charset, except for:

1. it doesn't work when I delete the charset too

2. when I try to use function like decode and encode it output error
like this:
ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 0-4: ordinal not in
range(128)
ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 0-2: ordinal not in
range(128)

3. I don't know how to translate my DB from ANSI to UTF-8

4. when I don't use the user WX items input I can change my editor
charset to ansi and it works fine

Thank you  all