Why does python not have a mechanism for data hiding?

Russ P. Russ.Paielli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 17:39:03 EDT 2008

On Jun 9, 2:10 pm, "bruno.desthuilli... at gmail.com"
<bruno.desthuilli... at gmail.com> wrote:

> But if it takes 6 month to get the mentioned developer to release
> something I can use, I'm screwed up. Fine.

I've lost track of how many times I've said this now, but my
suggestion for a "priv" keyword allowed for "indirect" access to
private data through some name-mangling scheme. That could be your
temporary fix while you are waiting for the developer to release a
corrected version. And even if that option were not available, you
could simply open up the relevant source file in the editor of your
choice and remove the offending "priv" declaration. I completely fail
to see how you are "screwed."

Sorry, but when I have to keep repeating the same basic points over
and over, I can't help but think I might be wasting my time.