Dynamic HTML from Python Script

Aidan aweraw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 21:20:48 EDT 2008

asdf wrote:
>> Well, there's a few ways you could approach it.
>>
>> You could create a cgi program from your script - this is probably the
>> solution you're looking for.
>>

> Output from the script does come up very often. There is a new output
> every 10 secs and it's possible that the script might be run indefinitely.
> Basically I want all that output displayed in a web browser

Well, in that case you could simply append the new output to a static
file every 10 seconds, or whenever there is new output.  That way, you
just need to refresh the static file in your browser to see updates...
Given what I understand of your situation, that's how I'd do it.

A constantly running CGI app is probably not the best idea, given
timeouts and other such constraints you might run into.