money data type

Lie Lie.1296 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 12:39:45 EDT 2008

On Jun 9, 10:22 pm, Stephan Diehl <stephan.di... at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi lazyweb,
> I'm wondering, if there is a usable money data type for python available.
> A quick search in pypi and google didn't convey anything, even though the
> decimal data type seemed to be planned as a money data type originaly.
> Thanks for any pointers
>
> Stephan

What is it that you feel is lacking in the decimal datatype that makes
you feel you require a money datatype?
Decimal datatype was a general purpose fixed-point number, which is
usually the behavior required for money calculation, but it's not
named 'money' because this behavior isn't only useful for money
calculation, so they don't name it money.