reading from list with paths

antar2 desothier at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 11:47:40 EDT 2008

Hello,

Suppose this is a stupid question, but as a python beginner I
encounter a lot of obstacles... so I would be very grateful with some
help for following question:

I would like to read files, of which the complete filepaths are
mentioned in another textfile. In this textfile (list.txt)  are for
example the following paths:

/data/chorec/chorec-nieuw/s01/S01C001M1/S01C001M1_1LG_f01.TextGrid
/data/chorec/chorec-nieuw/s01/S01C001M1/
S01C001M1_1LGPseudo_f01.TextGrid
/data/chorec/chorec-nieuw/s01/S01C001M1/S01C001M1_AVI1_f01.TextGrid

I know how to open and read one file in my current directory,
but after trying to find this out my self, I give up...

So could someone help me and write some code so that I know how to
open and read the content of the mentioned files.

Thanks a lot

Antar2