Django or TurboGears for a new project

Kirk Strauser kirk at daycos.com
Fri Jun 27 12:52:57 EDT 2008

We're looking to migrate a Zope site to Django, but before getting beyond
the dreaming stage, I thought I'd see what others are doing these days.

If you were going to start a fairly complex site today with lots of DB
integration, would you begin with Django or TurboGears, or something else
entirely?

I'm more interested in social, rather than technical reasons (unless there's
something you absolutely love or despise about one or the other).
Popularity is actually a pretty big consideration because I'd like to work
with an eager community who's doing cool new things.

I know asking for comparisons like this is potentially flamebait-ish, but I
really don't mean it that way.  It's just that I don't have a lot of friends
in the industry in this particular development niche who I can ask for
recommendations, and this seems like as good a place as any to find subject
matter experts.

Thanks,
--
Kirk Strauser