mod_python installer fails

RossGK rossgk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 11:42:44 EDT 2008

I've been running python 2.5 for a while on WinXP, working fine.  I
code and compile in PyDev/Eclipse.

I wanted to start playing with Django, but when I go to install
mod_python for Apache 2.2 I get the error:
     python version 2.5 required, which was not found in the registry

from the installer:
     mod_python-3.3.1.win32-py2.5-Apache2.2.exe

I've confirmed that I'm running python25, apache2.2.

I thought maybe I could point to my python, but the next screen that
comes up with blank locating fields takes the cursor but does not
allow any text input.  Does anyone know the solution to this one?

Thanks

Ross.